Monday, May 11, 2009

Green Valley Time Trial


April 28th, 2009 by Lisa Worthington

What a fun day! It was exciting for me because TF had two newbies out on the course. My day started early meeting up at Marymore for the caravan. Wrong choice on vehicles, I should have taken Kris up on her offer of hers as it has seat heaters :) green-river-time-trial-april-09-0271

We arrived nice and early and got a great spot right at the start line with room for everyone to warm up. I was determined to NOT be late or hurried this time. After warming up I got off my bike with 20 min. to spare. I changed my wheel out (putting on my speedy zipp wheel) and had Kris help putting on my number. She didn’t have a start time until about 30min. later. I knew I had to use the restroom but I noticed my time was running short and I had to check out my bike on the road. I had to unfortunately let Kris fend for herself for number pinning (this was mistake number one - don’t ever leave your wingman …. she suffered later). I road down, found the restroom and as I was riding back up to the start, I heard them call my name. Darn it! late again, no I still had like 5 min. I still needed a sip of water, to put on my booties as my feet were cold, check my computers, give Louise and Clarise a pep talk, find someone to take pictures, check on Louise to see if she had any questions etc. etc. I rolled to the line and asked the guy how much time, he said 4 min. “do I have enough time to put on my booties” “yes, if you hurry” he said. I’m gone! This is why you park close to the start :)

I quickly roll back to my car, put on my booties, order Gary around to help, ask him to grab the camera, and roll back up. 1.5 min. to go. Yes! I made it. Check my computer - yes, Tell Louise to check her computers and HR monitor (she was a few behind me). Ooops, so worried about others, that I forget to check MY hr monitor. didn’t realize till I started riding. Darn!

The clock clicks down and Im off. Great speed feeling good, head down and don’t look around. I hit the turn around at 13:55. Wow, Im on pace for a great time. Coming back was harder. I finally with 3 miles left found some riders ahead. My goal, find Bill and pass him :) The first riders I thought was Bill, nope, keep going. Oh then I see him and another. Gotta ride harder, legs dying! I pass him and another, 200 meters to go. Hold it, Hold it. Wow, I beat my time byabout 30 seconds. I felt great. Couldn’t talk though, snot running across my face, drool hanging. Gotta love this sport ! :) Did I beat Tom??? Darn. he got me by 3 sesconds! Next time, watch out Tom!

Finish time 27:47 Place cat 4’s 2nd

No comments: